HOW DOES PROCTORING WORK?
STEP BY STEP
Your instructor registers you for the examination, or you register yourself. To take an online examination you must log in as Candidate. You will have received the login details needed for this by e-mail.
You have registered yourself for an examination or an instructor has registered you. To take an online examination you must log in as Candidate. You will have received the login details needed for this by e-mail.
After authentication, we supervise the examination to ensure you abide by the examination regulations. Supervision is live (Live Proctoring) or post-examination (Record & Review).
The examination is always recorded (audio, video, desktop and URLs). Everything we see will be analysed and recorded in your examination protocol. We share this protocol with the Examination Committee.
The proctor uses the chat function to communicate during live proctoring. For example, to help you with what is permitted. A warning can be part of the communication with you. You can also use the chat function to ask questions.
The proctor has access to your computer screen and your webcam. This enables the proctor to view what is displayed on your screen(s) and what is happening in your room. All images are stored.
Following the completion of the examination, the proctor prepares an examination protocol. If there has been any deviating behaviour, the Examination Committee, with the Candidate’s right to be heard, determines the next steps.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
Before you take the examination, we will first get you ready. You must do a system check for this purpose. You can start the system check when you have the following:
- Device: laptop or desktop: Chrome plugin, audio, microphone and webcam
- Browser: Google Chrome, latest version
- Smartphone: Android 4.1 or higher – iOS (Apple) 8.0 or higher – with camera
- Photo ID: passport, driving licence or ID card – name and photo clearly visible
- WiFi: stable internet connection Note: minimum 1 MB/second
The ‘system check’ checks the technical operation of your hardware and software. van je hardware en software.
- Browser: Google Chrome, latest plugin version available
- WiFi: stable connection and bandwidth, minimum 1 MB/second
- Smartphone: video streaming [optional] and installation of app, camera check
- Device: operation of microphone, sound and webcam
Each examination has its own specific examination regulations. Be sure to familiarise yourself with these regulations. This way, you will know what is permitted. For example, an open or closed book examination. This way, you start your examination well-prepared.
- Lighting: well-lit environment and the candidate clearly and alone visible
- Camera: webcam and smartphone [optional] provide a 360° full colour view of the candidate and the room
- Device: 1 computer, 1 keyboard, 1 computer screen, 1 smartphone – nothing else
- Sound: no headphones, but sound through speakers
- Breaks: the Candidate may not move about within the room; no washroom breaks
SECURITY & DATA PRIVACY
- We operate on the basis of a security policy that is available for your review.
- Supervision is provided by experienced Dutch proctors.
- Your privacy is safeguarded by working in accordance with the guidelines of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Act.
- We make agreements on ownership and the retention period of the data and record these in the processing agreement.
- The data is stored within the EU.
GETTING DOWN TO WORK
We make use of different proctoring software for remote online examination supervision. Select the examination line below for more specific information and explanation about how proctoring works.